Pages

Thursday 9 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 5 Activity 1

DAY 5: DANCING QUEENS

Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop [4 points]
Parris Goebel has taken over the world of dance! You might already have heard of her as she is pretty famous in New Zealand and around the world.
Parris was born in Manurewa, South Auckland, and she is of Samoan/Chinese/Scottish descent. Parris loved dancing when she was very little and she began hip-hop lessons when she was 10. By the age of 15 she was so good that she started her own all-girl dance crew called ReQuest, and they went on to win several first places at the World Hip-Hop Championships.
Parris later started The Palace Dance Studio in Auckland, and formed five more dance crews that won competitions worldwide. She has also worked as a choreographer for famous musicians like Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. In 2019, Parris and her new dance crew, The Royal Family, won the World Hip Hop Dance Championship.

For this activity, watch this video of their award winning performance. What do you like about the performance? What did the dance crew do well? What could they work on?
On your blog, write a review of The Royal Family performance. Please talk about the dance, dancers, costumes, and the music. What did you like? What didn’t you like as much? What do you think could have been improved?
I didn't really like it. I only liked the music. There clothes were ok but I still don't like that fashion. I also think the dancers were tanlented but there wasn't that many boys in the performance. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your opinion Lukas...it's a fair comment and well done for pointing our the limited number of male dancers in the performance. Do you like dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I do kind of like dancing.

    Kind Regards
    Lukas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Lukas! Olive here, with the grey skies. How are you doing? I'm just commenting to congratulate you on completing the Summer Learning Journey program!

    Well done for all your hard work, creativity and effort! What was your favourite activity? I especially liked the Name Change activity as I got to talk about my Dutch Heritage and see other people's culture and personal preferences when it came to choosing names. What was your favourite activity!

    I really enjoyed The Royal Family's Performance! The hard work they put into making their performances flawless is super incredible. I'm with you for their costumes though, I don't think I could ever wear skin-tight pink Lycra. Ever.

    What sort of dancing do you enjoy? I love shuffling!

    There are still two weeks of the program to go! Make sure you get it and comment on other learners' blogs for extra points!

    Ka pai for all your effort!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete