Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3 Activity 3

Activity 3: Need for Speed [6 points]
We have had many inventors here in New Zealand who have created things that have changed the world. Two of these inventors were Bill Hamilton (1899-1978) and John Britten (1950-1995).
Bill Hamilton grew up on a farm in the South Island of New Zealand. One of his first inventions was a tow rope to pull skiers up a ski field. His most famous invention, however, is the development of the modern jet boat engine. It allows boats, like the Huka Falls Jet, to travel at lightning speed along rivers. Bill Hamilton invented the jet boat to solve a problem.
John Britten, on the other hand, loved to rebuild vehicles, including motorbikes. He set up the Britten Motorcycle Company from his garage in Christchurch, New Zealand. One of his bikes, the V1000, won a number of international races and set a world speed record for going 304km per hour! Wow! Now that is fast…!
Speaking of fast, for this activity we would like you to design your own fast vehicle. It can be anything! Please draw your super-fast vehicle on paper or use an app to help you. If it was me, I would make my super-fast vehicle something that I could use to get to school and home again each day!
On your blog, post a picture of your speedy vehicle along with a written description of how it works. Tell your readers what your vehicle is made of, any special features, how fast it goes, and who might use your vehicle.
I would have a red bmx electric motor bike and the colour would be red because re is my favourite colour and it would be made out metal and plastic, and a engine. That would be my first vehicle, because my grandma and grandpa are moving to the countrie side and your alowed to drive without a license on a farm, which could be really useful and that would be how I learned to drive the BMX. My dad always told me that I should learn how to bmx with the electric version. Because he had done the same when he lived on a farm as a kid.

1 comment:

  1. Nice drawing Lukas - perhaps you could label it accordingly and colour it to add some detail and depth to your post. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete