Pages

Sunday 29 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1 Activity 1

DAY 1: DRIVING DIGITAL INNOVATION


Activity 1: The World Wide Web [4 points]
You may not have heard of Tim Berners-Lee but this man completely changed the world for us when he invented the World Wide Web (otherwise known as the ‘www’). All of the information on the internet is stored and accessed on the web.
TimBL, as he is known, also created the first ever website. We all spend a lot of time looking at websites, don’t we? One of my favourite websites is the Te Ara site. I use it when I am creating lessons for students or working on assignments for school. Are there websites that are particularly helpful for your learning?
For this activity please take screenshots of four different websites that you find helpful for your learning. They can be websites that you use in class or websites that you use on your own at home. Present the screenshots as a poster or put them into a presentation.
On your blog, share your poster or presentation of your favourite learning websites.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lukas, this is Eloida from Glen Innes School. I am also taking part in the SLJ.
    I like how you have lots of detail! I can't wait to see more from you. Have you participated in the Summer Learning Journey before?
    Anyways, keep up the good work!

    Nga mihi,
    Eloida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Lukas,

    Thanks for sharing your favourite learning sites! I have heard great things about doing learning online instead of in books. It saves paper too! Do you like sharing your learning on your Blogger account? My students are interested in blogging some of their learning but we haven’t set blogs just yet but I think we will this year. Have you got any tips for me?


    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete