Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 3 Activity 2

Activity 2: The Right to an Education [4 points]
Malala Yousafzai is a woman who was born and raised in Pakistan. In 2012, she was shot and wounded when traveling home on the bus from school. At the time, girls (and women) living in Pakistan were not encouraged, or even allowed, to go to school. It is widely believed that Malala was attacked because she (and her father) did not agree with this idea and they felt that women had the right to an education.
Once Malala recovered from her injuries she continued to advocate (fight) for the rights of all women to receive an education. For this work, she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 - the youngest person to ever receive this prestigious prize. You can read more of her story here.
As well as giving speeches in front of many very important and influential people, Malala has written books about her own life. She has also written a book for children called Malala’s Magic Pencil.
For this activity, we would like you like you to write a short story. The story can be about anything that you wish but to receive full points it must be at least 10 sentences long!
On your blog, share your short story. We can’t wait to read it!
 MY Story #Wish
I wish I could meet the Dobre Brothers.
 I wish I could meet them because I really like their videos their awesome and always make funny intresting pranks or challenges. If I could spend a whole day with them I would probably get there signitures. I would film videos me with them to post on YouTube. Challenges or other cool things like go somewhere like gaming places or other places. I would want to go to see them on tour too. I would want to go on there tours with them. I would buy one of there merch t shirts. I choose them because they are my favourite youtubers and do cool things like sometimes they do chalenges, help poor people and stuff like that. My fav are Lucas and Marcus in the channel. Im there number one Fan.
Image result for dobre brothers

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lukas,
    I like your wish (to meet the Dorbe brothers/youtbers.), I think you've must've watched them a lot to use your wish on them. If you had another wish what would it be?, also it would be nice if you could write one more sentence please. But other than that great work.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Lukas,

    I have never heard of the Dobre brothers - I feel like I'm learning something new. What are their challenges like? I'm sure they'd love to have the opportunity to meet you :)

    Do you have any other Youtubers that you like?

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete