Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5 Activity 1

DAY 5: AGAINST THE ODDS


Activity 1: National Treasure [4 points]
Sophie Pascoe is a New Zealand para-swimmer. This means she is a competitive swimmer with a physical disability. Very sadly, Sophie was run over by a lawn mower when she was only 2 years old. She had to have the bottom of her left leg amputated. However, despite this terrible accident, she was determined to become a competitive swimmer.
Sophie has won numerous New Zealand and world para-swimming titles, including nine Olympic gold medals. She has also won the Halberg Award for Disabled Sportsperson of the Year three times. Sophie is a great example of a New Zealander who did not let her disability stop her from achieving her dreams. She is truly a National Treasure’. A national treasure is someone or something that is very important to a country.
For this activity, we would like to learn more about the things that are important to you.
On your blog, please share three things that you treasure and say why they are treasures to you.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lukas.

    I love your treasures and your reasonings! I also love how you set up your google drawing. Did you enjoy this activity?

    Keep up the great work!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Lukas,

    It’s Dani here again! Well done for creating a colourful DLO about the things that you treasure the most. I treasure my family as well because they are always there to support me and I don’t know where I would be without them. Do you have any siblings? I do! I have one sister, two half brothers and three step sisters.

    Keep up the great work!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete